Name the WYSA Mascot Contest
Name the WYSA Mascot Contest
The Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association (WYSA) is proud to announce the arrival of our very own mascot, in the form of a fuzzy black bear cub! Like most black bear cubs, ours is very energetic, inquisitive and playful. We are doing our best to make our newest furry addition feel at home, but we are missing one very important detail – a name!
WYSA is looking to you to help us name our black bear cub mascot! If you feel you’ve got the perfect name for this little fur-ball, please enter our contest right away!
Here is how you can get involved.
1. Visit the WYSA website at www.winnipegyouthsoccer.com and click the "Name our Mascot Contest" button!
2. You will then need to fill out the online form, including your name, email address and phone number (so we are able to contact you if you win!), and most importantly, the mascot name and the story behind the name you have chosen (write this in the “Comments” section of the application).
Contest Rules and Regulations
1. The competition is organized by the Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association (WYSA).
2. The competition is open to children aged between 9 and 18 years old who participate in the Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association League.
3. Only one entry per person is permitted. Group entries are not permitted.
4. The contest runs Wednesday, February 10th until 23:59 CST on Sunday, March 7th 2016 (aka the contest window). To be valid, you must successfully complete the entry form below and click submit during the contest window.
5. Contenders full name and contact information must be on the submission to qualify for contest entry.
6. Names submitted will be evaluated by a panel of judges.
7. Entries must be submitted via the online form found on the Contest page. Only entries submitted through the online form from the WYSA website will be accepted; the explanation of why the name has been chosen and proposed should not exceed the allocated space.
8. The winning name will be announced on Saturday, March 19th at the 2015-16 Indoor Cambrian Challenge Cup Finals at the Subway Soccer South Indoor Complex, as well as posted on the WYSA website, Twitter and Instagram pages.
9. Names will be judged by a) how ‘catchy’ the name is, and b) how it relates to youth soccer in Winnipeg. Should a winning name be submitted by different people, judges will first choose based on the reasons behind the name, and if this still leaves more than one participant for a name, by drawing a participant’s name from a hat. The decisions of the judges are final.
One lucky entrant will be selected by the judges and provided with a 'prize'.
Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No substitution or cash equivalent will be made. Web Site Entries: Participants must accurately complete all required fields or entry will be deemed invalid. The winning "Mascot Name" will be used to brand, market, and identify the WYSA mascot. By submitting an entry, you are granting the Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association permission to use the submitted "Mascot Name" without cash compensation. The prize is non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. The promoter reserves the right to terminate, temporarily suspend or amend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control or technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity. The organizer reserves the right to substitute any prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value. Prizes are subject to limited availability.
© Copyright 2011 WYSA Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association. All rights reserved.